Investors and the crowd are looking to identify the Top 10 Startups in Los Angeles. If you are one of them, you won’t want to miss this…
Crowdfunder has partnered with Social Media Week LA and Silicon Beach LA to launch CROWDFUNDxLA — the second acceleration process for the local LA startup ecosystem, that engages investors and the crowd in identifying the Top Startups in Los Angeles.
How You Can Participate In CROWDFUNDxLA
Startup Founders: Submit Your Company
If your Startup is located in the greater Los Angeles area, it’s free and open to enter your Company into the CROWDFUNDxLA Contest. Learn more about how it works and Submit your Startup now.
Investors & Supporters: Vote & Attend the Live Pitch Event
If you’re an investor looking for promising startups to invest in, or someone who loves entrepreneurship… check out the Contestants then press the “Follow” button on your favorite company’s profile to “Vote” for the startups you think are best on Crowdfunder.
The live pitch event will take place at SMWLA on Startup, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation Day on Wednesday, September 25. Stay tuned for more details and an invitation to the event soon.
How It Works
1. CROWDFUNDxLA includes an online contest that starts on Tue, 08/13 and is open to startups in the greater Los Angeles region.
2. The Contest culminates with the selection of 10 Finalists on Thu, 09/19.
3. On Wed, 09/25, 10 Finalists will get to pitch in front of the LA community during SMWLA for a chance to get in LaunchpadLA’s accelerator and do a select Equity Crowdfunding raise with over 600 accredited investors and funds on Crowdfunder.
What’s In It For Startup Founders
- Grand Prize — Get Accelerated: You could be the startup to get the opportunity to be accepted into LaunchpadLA — one of the top startup accelerators in the country, and get funding via an equity crowdfunding raise with over 600 accredited investors on Crowdfunder.com.
- Visibility for your Company: Build a community of supporters around your Company from Crowdfunder’s growing social network. If you’re selected as a Finalist, you’ll get to present in front of a live audience of top leaders in the LA entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Learn How To Crowdfund Your Business: Get free tools and educational resources on Crowdfunder.com, attend a class on equity crowdfunding with Crowdfunder’s CEO at General Assembly (coming soon), and get investor insights during a live panel at the pitch event.
- Meet Investor and Leaders in LA: CROWDFUNDxLA brings together the LA entrepreneurial ecosystem including top entrepreneurs, investors, community leaders and people doing great things to support entrepreneurship and local businesses in Los Angeles both online and in person networking.
CROWDFUNDxLA Judges Include:
Dave Travers — Partner, Rustic Canyon Partners, Venture Capital
David Siemer — Founder & Managing Director, Siemer & Associates
Jamie Kantrowitz — Investor. Mentor. Growth Hacker, Launchpad LA
Jay Turo — CEO, Growthink
Jonathan Teo — General Partner, General Catalyst Partners
Krisztina Holly — Chair, World Economic Forum, Global Council for Fostering
Mark Mullen — Managing Partner, Mull Capital LLC
Sam Teller — Managing Director, Launchpad LA. Co-Founder, Charlie Ventures
Kris Bjornerud — Investment Director, Amplify.la. Sr. Associate, Crosscut Ventures
Drew Baldwin — Executive Director, Social Media Week Los Angeles
Share CROWDFUNDxLA With Your Network
Share this incredible opportunity with your network, Startup Founders and Investors in the LA region & beyond, who you know would be interested to participate and attend the live event.
CROWDFUNDxLA is being produced in partnership between Crowdfunder, Social Media Week LA and Silicon Beach LA .
CROWDFUNDxLA Supporting Partners: