We believe investing in early-stage startups is very different than investing in public market opportunities. Besides the unique opportunities associated with startup investing, and the long term liquidation nature of your investments, startups use slightly different terminology with which you may not be familiar. Below is a sample of the most commonly used deal terms.
This past month, Bethany Londyn, founder of ShopAddiKt (Portland, OR) successfully completed her first contribution campaign with Crowdfunder. Her company ShopAddiKt exceeded its funding goal of $9,000. These funds will help her work out bugs in the Beta testing site, and start creating a Mobile App to expand the site’s user base.
How To Crowdfund Your Social Enterprise
In this 60-minute webinar Crowdfunder CEO, Chance Barnett, will give you an overview of what Business Crowdfunding is, the opportunities it brings specifically to social entrepreneurs, and tips on how to maximize the potential of this new funding mechanism to grow your business & accelerate impact investing and contribution.
Date Recorded: 12/12/12
What you will learn:
- When: Recent updates to the timeline on SEC Rulings for Investing to kick off
- What the new market for crowdfunded impact will look like
- Essentials for social entrepreneurs to put in place today to be ready
- The 3 keys to a successful crowdfunding campaign
- The 2 powerful crowdfunding models, and how to know which is best for you
- Tips & tricks for fundraising on the Crowdfunder platform