Read Full Story Here – By Rafe Furst
- Hacking the Startup Fundraising Matrix
- How to Leverage Social Currency
- The Eightfold Path to Investment
- The Five Hindrances to Getting Funded
Knowing when to start looking for investment and how to go about it is one of the most critical points in a startup’s life. There are several factors to consider in this process. Review this guide to better understand each step that is necessary when looking to secure investment.
- Right Motivation — If you want investment because you value having new partners who can help you build the company bigger and faster than you could without them, then this is Right Motivation. Many entrepreneurs seek investment as a validation of their idea/company/self. If your motivation is to be validated, then you are on the wrong path.
- Right Plan — Have a plan (or at least a plan B) that doesn’t require investment capital to succeed. If you don’t need investors’ money, you will have a much easier time getting it. Let’s face it, what partner in a healthy relationship is attracted to neediness?
- Right Timing — There are times in your company’s lifecycle when investment will flow naturally. If the timing is not right, then your energies are better spent building the business. Building a business creates Right Timing for investment. Continue reading…